Struggling with Data

on

June 21, 2016

Today, we ran into issues with getting and using our data. First, our flash drive that has all the profilometer data broke and for now we are unable to access the data, but hope to fix the flash drive so that we can recover the data or else we will have to redo all of the testing for our experiment. Then, we decided to try to plot the data from the mechanical stylus fitting each of the data sets to a best fit circle. After completing this, the data did not look correct and we expect that this error is due to the fact that we were unable to accurately place the mechanical stylus on the same portion of the ball each time that we took a measurement.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s